Monday, January 30, 2012
General AwarenessExam Held on 05-11-2006
1. Who is considered the real founder of the Gupta Empire?
(a) Chandragupta II
(b) Chandragupta I
2. Shahjahan ascended the Mughal throne in
(a) 1628 AD
(b) 1626 AD
(c) 1625 AD
(d) 1627 AD
3. Which is correct order?
(a) Babur, Humayun, Jahangir, Akbar, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb
(b) Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb
(c) Babur, Akbar, Humayun, Shahjahan, Jahangir, Aurangzeb
(d) Babur, Humayun, Shahjahan, Akbar, Jahangir, Aurangzeb
4. Ibn Batutah visited India during the rule of
(a) Alauddin Khilji
(b) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
(c) Sher Shah Suri
5. Who was the Nawab of Bengal during ‘Battle of Plassey’?
(b) Mir Jafar
(c) Mir Qasim
(d) None of these
6. FIFA World Cup, 2006 was played in
7. Munaf Patel plays which sport?
8. The first Asian lady swimmer to have crossed the English Channel was
(a) Bula Choudhury
(b) Arati Saha
(c) Nilima Ghosh
(d) None of these
9. Which country has never won the Cricket World Cup?
10. Which cricket playing countries fight for the ‘ASHES’?
(a) Indian and Pakistan
(b) Australia and South Africa
(c) Australia and England
(d) England and West Indies
11. Who was the first Law Minister of independent India?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(d) Dr. B.R.Ambedkar
12. Who was the first speaker of the Lok-Sabha?
(c) N.Sanjeeva Reddy
(d) Dr. S.P.Mukherjee
13. How many states (except Delhi) are there in India?
14. Which country won the first World Cup Cricket?
(d) West Indies
15. Who was the woman President of the United Nations?
(a) Sarojini Naidu
(b) Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
(c) Golda Mayer
(d) Margaret Thatcher
16. Who was the first man to land on moon?
(a) Neil Armstrong
(d) John Collins
17. One inch is equal to how many centimeters?
18. Bronze is an alloy of copper and
19. Minus 40 degree centigrade is equal to _____ degree Fahrenheit.
(d) None of these
20. What is the value of XC (Roman Number)?
21. The person of which of the following blood groups can accept the blood of any group?
22. Mountain K2 is known as
(b) Nanga Parbat
23. Lucknow is situated on the banks of river
24. Who won the Golden Ball Award during FIFA World Cup 2006?
25. Who is the Chief Minister of Orissa?
(a) K C Singhdeo
(b) Nandini Satyaji
(c) Navin Patnaik
(d) Rameshwar Thakur
26. Who is the Finance Minister of India?
(a) Manmohan Singh
(b) P Chidambaram
(c) Murasoli Maran
(d) Pranab Mukherjee
27. Where is the headquarters of South-East Central Railway located?
28. Which of the following places in India receives maximum precipitation?
29. Who was elected the President of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) in July 2006?
(a) Prasen Mukherjee
(b) Ajit Panja
(c) Jagmohan Dalmiya
(d) Sourav Ganguly
1. Recently, the Mittal group acquired the steel company________.
2. Where is the headquarters of UNESCO located ?
3. Which of the following locations is known for missile test?
(3) Shri Harikota
4. When the rate of interest is decreased to 12.5% p.a. from 13% there is a loss of Rs. 104 in the annual income. What is the principal?
(1) Rs. 20800
(2) Rs. 21200
(3) Rs. 22400
(4) Rs. 23200
5. The Kalinga battle was fought near which of the following places ?
(3) Dhouli (4) Udaygiri
6. Which least number when added to 2000 makes it exactly divisible by 19?
7. Which kind of energy is there in a stretched rubber band?
8. Which of the following places is known for path figurine painting ?
9. A car covers the 13 rd of its total distance at 60 kmph. next 13 rd at 30kmph and the
remaining distance at 10 kmph, then what is the average speed of the whole journey?
(1) 33 kmph
(2) 25 kmph
(3) 20 kmph
(4) 15 kmph
10. Who is the present captain of Indian National Hockey team?
(1) Dhanraj Pillai
(2) Probodh Tirki
(3) Gaganjit Singh
(4) Dilip Tirki
11. Who built the famous Jagannath temple ?
(3) Jajati Keshari
(4) Chola Gangdev
12. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 6000 for 2 years at the rate of 12% per annum ?
(1) Rs. 1526
(2) Rs. 1772
(3) Rs. 1886
(4) Rs. 2072
13. Indicating towards a picture Rita tells her daughter. ‘He is the only son of my mother’s mother." How is Rita related to that man?
(2) Nephew / Niece
(3) Aunt / Maternal mother (
14. Hindustan Zinc plant is located at
(3) Kakinanda (4) Vishakhapatnam
15. Which is the longest river of India ?
16. At which of the following places was located an important village of old Kalinga?
(1) Puri (2) Baripada
(3) Tosali (4) Kyonjhar
17. Who was awarded first with Prime Minister prize for significant work in public administration?
(1) Y.V. Reddy
(2) Bimal Jalan
(3) N. Gopalaswamy
(4) Rajiv Chawla
18. Which part of the body is affected by Pneumonia ?
(1) Brain (
(3) Lungs (4) Kidney
19. The average weight of A,B and C is 70 kg but the average weight of A and B is 90 kg. What is the weight oC?
(1) 30 kg.
(2) 35 kg
(3) 40 kg.
(4) 45 kg.
20. Which river originates from Orissa and merges with Godavari?
21. The Chilka lake is famous for
(1) White Whale
(2) White Shark
(3) White Dolphin
(4) White Prawn
22. Light, radiowaves and X-rays are______ waves.
(1) Electro magnetic
(3) Magnetic resonance
23. Which of the following is a red planet ?
(1) Jupiter (2) Mars
(3) Mercury (4) Sun
24. The ratio of A and B is 5:7. The value of A is 185, then B is equal to
25. The headquarters of World Health Organization is located at
Answers1. (1) 2. (1) 3. (1) 4. (1) 5. (3)
6. (3) 7. (3) 8. (4) 9. (3) 10. (4)
11. (4) 12. (1) 13. (2) 14. (2) 15. (3)
16. (3) 17. (3) 18. (3) 19. (1) 20. (4)
21. (4) 22. (1) 23. (2) 24. (3) 25. (1)
Monday, January 16, 2012
1. Which of the following countries is a land locked country in south America? a. Ecuador b. Peru c. Uruguay d. Bolivia Ans : d 2. Canary Islands belongs to a. Norway b. Spain c. New Zealand d. Portugal Ans : b 3. Titan is the largest natural satellite of planet a. Mercury b. Venus c. Saturn d. Neptune Ans : c 4. Which of the following planets rotates clock wise? a. Pluto b. Jupiter c. Venus d. Mercury Ans : c 5. A difference of 1 degree in longitude at the Equator is equivalent to nearly a. 101 km b. 111 km c. 121 km d. 125 km Ans : b 6. The earliest known Indian script is a. Mori b. Devanagari c. Brahmi d. Kharosti Ans : c 7. How many times the preamble was amended a. once b. twice c. thrice d. four times Ans : a 8. The term socialist was added in the Preamble by theâ€¦amendment a. 40th b. 42nd c. 44th d. 49th Ans : b 9. The state with the lowest population in India is a. Goa b. Tripura c. Mizoram d. Sikkim Ans : d 10. Which person or organisation received the Nobel Prize three times so far? a. Medame Curie b. Linus Pauling c. Alexender Flemming d. International Committee of the Redcross Ans : d 11. The Finance Commission is appointed for everyâ€¦ year a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6 Ans : c 12. Under which five year plan did agriculture show a negative growth? a. 1st plan b. 2nd plan c. 3rd plan d. 4th plan Ans : c 13. Who is the founder of the Capital city of Agra? a. Akbar b. Babar c. Sikinder Lodi d. Mubarak Shah Sayyad Ans: c 14. The first tide generated electricity project was established at a. Vizhinjam, Kerala b. Mangalore, Karnataka c. Paradeep, Orissa d. Vishakapattanam Ans : a 15. National Institute of Oceanography is located in : a. Calcutta b. Chennai c. Mangalore d. Panaji Ans : d 16. The 2004 Olympics were held in : a. Bangkok b. Rome c. Athens d. Nagasaki Ans : c 17. Who headed the committee appointed on Kargil War ? a. Gen. V. P. Malik b. Gen. S. K. Sinha c. K. Subramanyam d. K. C. Panth Ans : c 18. The C. K. Nayudu Trophy is related to the sport of a. cricket b. Hockey c. Football d. Chess Ans : a 19. New York is situated on the river a. Hudson b. Thames c. Danube d. Tigris Ans : a 20. â€œThe Woman of the Millenniumâ€ selected by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is a. Margaret Thacher b. Hillary Clinton c. Chandrika Kumaratunga d. Indira Gandhi Ans : d 21. The General Assembly of United Nations meets a. Once a year b. twice a year c. thrice a year d. Once in five years Ans : a 22. The â€œCommon Wealth Games 2002″ will be held in a. Toranto b. Manchester c. Tokyo d. Canberra Ans : b 23. All India Radio commenced operations in a. 1926 b. 1936 c. 1945 d. 1947 Ans : b 24. The â€œKiller Instinctâ€ is written by a. Sulakshan Mohan b. M.K.Santanam c. O.P.Sabharwal d. Subash Jain Ans : c 25. The Secretary-General of UN is appointed by the a. Security Council b. Trusteeship Council c. General Assembly d. World Bank Ans : c 26. Postal Voting is other wise called: a. external voting b. secret voting c. plural voting d. proxy voting Ans : d 27. The Common Wealth of Independent states (CIS) consists ofâ€¦.republica? a. 10 b. 11 c. 12 d. 13 Ans : c 28. Which of the following harbours is considered as the worldâ€™s finest natural harbour? a. Sydney harbour b. Toronto harbour c. New Jersy harbour d. Singapore harbour Ans : a 29. Who invented Radar? a. Henrey Backquerel b. Max Planck c. Robert Watson Watt d. Humphrey Davy Ans : c 30. Sandal Wood trees are mostly found inâ€¦ a. Trophical Evergreen Forests b. Tropical most Decidous c. Alpine forests d. Trophical Thorn Forests Ans : d 31. The first country to legalise medically assisted suicide is a. Switzerland b. New Zealand c. USA d. Netherlands Ans : d 31. Indiaâ€™s newsprint industry is mainly located in a. Indore b. Dehradun c. Nepanagar d. Nagpur Ans : c 32. The tomb of Babur is at a. Kabul b. Lahore c. Multan d. Larkhana Ans : a 33. The joint session of the two houses is presided by a. the speaker b. the president c. chairman of Rajyasabha d. none of these Ans : a 34. The Gandhara school of Art was influenced most by the a. Greeks b. Shakas c. persians d. Kushans Ans : a 35. The Simon Commission was appointed in a. 1927 b. 1928 c. 1929 d. 1930 Ans : c 36. Sikkim became a full fledged state of the Indian Union, in the year ? a. 1972 b. 1973 c. 1974 d. 1975 Ans : d 37. Who is the founder of Mahabalipuram ? a. Rajaraja Chola b. Mahendra Varman c. Narsimha Varman d. Narsimha Chola Ans : c 38. The 189th member of United Nations is a. Palau b. Tuvalu c. Soloman Islands d. Nauru Ans : b 39. When was Burma separated from India a. 1947 b. 1942 c. 1937 c. 1932 Ans : c 40. Which of the following country has more than 55,000 lakes? a. Poland b. Denmark c. Finland d. Norway Ans : c
Monday, January 9, 2012
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
South Central RailwayVijayawada Division
RECRUITMENT OF SCOUTS & GUIDES EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. 1/2011
Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma given below from the eligible Scouts & Guides candidates for Recruitment in PB-1 in scale Rs.5200-20200 with grade pay Rs.1800/- in erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts on Vijayawada Division against Scouts & Guides quota.
For complete details click link given below