1.The candidate should reach the centre of the skill test well in time. Candidates reporting after the commencement of the dictation shall
not be admitted to the test hall.
2.The candidate will not be allowed to enter the test hall without producing the call letter in original. Preserve the call letter carefully as no photocopy or F.I.R. for loss of the same will be allowed as substitute. The call letter is not transferable.
3. The skill test shall commence after formalities like checking of attendance, collection of call letters etc. are completed. Candidates willnot be permitted to leave the test hall until 15 minutes have elapsed after the commencement of transcription time or before the test is over and the Centre Supervisor/Invigilator has given direction to leave. This may take some time after the test is over.
4. Use of books, papers etc. are not permitted. Use of mobile phones inside the test hall is strictly prohibited.
5. Indulging in any malpractice/unfair means in the test hall will disqualify the candidate and he/she will be debarred from all further RRB
examinations and appointment in Railways.
6. The RRB reserves the right to order re‐tests in the case of any candidate or all candidates.
7.Furnishing of any false information to the RRB or deliberate suppression of any material information will, at any stage of its detection will
render the candidate liable for being disqualified and debarred from appearing at any selection or examination for appointment to Railways.
8.Before leaving the test hall, candidates must submit the transcription sheet (both the original and the duplicate) and the shorthand note
sheets to the Invigilator.
9. Change of date/reporting time/centre of the test will not be permitted under any circumstances.
10. SC/ST candidates are entitled to free rail travel and should produce the call letter with scanned photograph at the Railway booking counter for issue of tickets. However, Railway passes will not be issued for collection of duplicate call letters.
11. Candidates must sign on the call letter (at the appropriate space) in the test hall in presence of the Invigilator only. His/her signature should be in same language and same style as in application form.
12. Candidates arranging impersonation shall be disqualified and debarred for life from all future RRB examinations. Candidates arranging impersonator and/or impersonators are liable for prosecution under law. Candidates causing disturbances in the test premises shall be dealt with similarly.
13. Candidate has to affix his/her left thumb impression carefully in the space provided in the attendance sheet without smudging on the provided space of the attendance sheet. Candidature of candidates with unclear/smudged left thumb impression will be rejected.
14. Special instructions, if any, given by Invigilator(s) should be followed rigidly.
15.Name, community, roll numbers etc. are required to be filled up by the candidates compulsorily in foil attached to the Answer Sheets.
16. Candidates should bring good quality typewriter machines with them. RRB/Guwahati will not provide any typewriter machine and will not be able to supply any machine if the machine brought by the candidate becomes defective. Electronic typewriter machines will not
17.The test passage will contain 800 words which will need to be typed at 80 w.p.m. Before dictation of test passage, the Dictator shall give
two trial dictations as a “warming up practice” to the candidates.
18. After dictation, candidates are required to do the transcription when signaled.
19.The time allowed for transcription passage would be 65 minutes for English passage and 75 minutes for Hindi passage.
20.The candidates should write their roll number, name and sign at the end of each sheet of transcript and shorthand note sheets.
21. The following will be considered as full mistakes:
Every omission of a word or figure including omission of a definite or indefinite article
Every substitution of a wrong word or figure
Every addition of a word or figure or a group of words/figures including addition of a definite article not occurring in the passage
22. The following will be considered as half mistakes:
Mis‐spelling, including transposition of letters in a word and also omission of a letter or letters from a word
Using singular for plural noun and vice versa
Transposition of words/group of words in a sentence
Repeating a word/figure or a group of words or group of figures in the transcript
Wrong use of capital letters at the beginning of the sentence
Omission or placement of the apostrophe in a word in the possessive case, or in contracted words
Insertion of a space in the middle of a word
Lack of space between words
Wrong syllabification of a word at the end of line
Complete and ambiguous overlapping
Omission or wrong placement of the caret sign
Arbitrary and unfamiliar abbreviations
More than one error in a single word
23. Stenography skill test is of qualifying nature and candidates failing in the skill test will not be considered.
24.Please note that in other matters, the terms & conditions etc. laid down in the Employment Notice shall apply mutatis mutandis.
NOTE: The call letter for Stenography skill test is provisional and does not give any guarantee for employment. If it is found later at any stage
that you do not fulfill any of the conditions of eligibility, your candidature will be cancelled and no appeal against such cancellation will
be entertained. You are therefore advised to check carefully and satisfy yourself that you fulfill all the conditions of eligibility.