Closing Date and Time for receipt of Northern Railway Jobs Applications : 14th October, 2011 upto 17.00 hrs.
Closing Date & Time of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Predesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Island and candidates residing abroad 31st October, 2011.
Northern Railway Recruitment applications are invited from Indian nationals who are active members of Bharat Scouts & Guides for filling up three posts of Non Tech Popular Category ( posts will be decided later on ) in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1900/- against Scouts & Guides quota in Northern Railway for the year 2011 – 12.
The application for Northern Railway 2011 Vacancies in prescribed format should be sent ( by ordinary post only ) to the following address or dropped in Drop Box available in the office ( during office hours ) before the last date as mentioned above. Courier Post / Registered Post / Speed Post will not be accepted.
Assistant Personnel Officer,
RRC, Room no 334,
Northern Railway Headquarter Office,
Baroda House, K.G.Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Minimum Educational Qualification for Northern Railway Vacancies 2011 :
Matriculation or its equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate. For the candidates having higher qualification than 10th class, 50% marks in 10th class is not necessary.
Scouting and Guiding Qualification for Northern Railway 2011 Recruitment :
- President’s Scout / Guide / Rover / Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge Holder OR A Pre – HWB trained Scout Leader / Advanced Trained Guide / Leader / Captain, and
- Should have been active member of a Scout Organization for at least 3 years in the recent past and should continue to be active, and
- Should have at least one event at National level and one or two events at State-level or ‘should have a good record of participation in Scouts / Guides activities at Unit / District level.
* Each candidate will produce Certificates issued by Group Leader concern / District Authority as the case may be duly countersigned by respective District Commissioner of at least one event in each of the preceding three years from the date of publication of Notification.
Age limit for Northern Railway Scouts and Guides Quota Recruitment 2011 : ( Age as on 01.07.2011 ).
|Post||Category||UR||OBC||SC / ST|
|Group 'C'||Age||18 to 30 years||18 to 33 years||18 to 35 years|
1. Serving Railway Employees who have put in three years of continuous service and substitutes who have put in three years of continuous service or three years in broken spells in the Railways. Maximum Age UR – 40yrs., OBC – 43yrs, SC / ST – 45 yrs.
2. Widows / Divorced women and women judicially separated but not re – married. Maximum age UR – 35 yrs., OBC – 38 yrs., SC / ST – 40 yrs.
3. Person who ordinarily domicile in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 : 5 years.
4. Staff of Quasi Administrative Officers of Railway Organization – by 5 years or service rendered by them in such organization. Whichever is less.
5. Ex-Serviceman Relaxation of age will be to the extent of service rendered by them in Defence Service plus 3 yrs. Provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service after attestation and upto the age of 40 years for reservists not employed in the Governmental Service.
6. Persons with Disability : Maximum age UR – 40 years, OBC – 43 years, SC / ST – 45 years.
7. Age relaxation to OBC / SC / ST candidates is subject to final clarification to be received from Railway Board.
Conditions for Northern Railway Group C Recruitment 2011 :
1. Selection of candidates will be subjected to Medical Examination in the prescribed medical standard by Railway Medical Authority prior to their appointment.
2. Candidates will have to undergo prescribed training if applicable for the post.
3. The age will be reckoned as on 01.07.2011.
4. All the copies of Certificates in regards to age, educational qualifications, other qualifications, caste certificate and other certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer are to be enclosed alongwith the Northern Railway Vacancy application form 2011.
5. One additional passport size photographs with the name written at the back should be clipped along with the Northern Railway recruitment application form.
6. Application for Northern Railway Scout and Guide Quota Recruitment 2011 not properly filled in, incomplete or with overwriting or not supported by the attested copies of relevant certificates will be liable to be rejected.
7. Northern Railway 2011 Job Application received by post after the last date will not be entertained. Railway Administration, Northern Railway will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the Northern Railway recruitment process.
8. The candidates admission at all stages of the Northern Railway Scout and Guide Quota Recruitment 2011 will be purely provisional.
Northern Railway Group C Recruitment Procedure for Scouts & Guides quota :
Candidates will be assessed on the following basis.
1. Northern Railway Vacancy Written Examination 2011 : Candidates will have to appear for a Northern Railway written test which will consist of 50 objective type questions related to Scouts & Guides Organization and its activities as per syllabus outlined in Dates for Northern Railway written examination will be separately notified. ( 50 marks ).
2. Scouts and Guides Qualification over and above minimum prescribed as Eligibility Condition ( 35 marks ).
3. Participation in International events ( 7 marks ) – ( One event – 5 marks, two or more event – 7 marks ).
4. Participation in National events ( 7 marks ) – ( No marks of the first event. The same being the minimum eligibility Condition; One event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ).
5. Participation in Jamboree on the Indian Railway ( 7 marks ), ( One event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ).
6. Events / Rallies attended at State level ( 7 marks ), ( One event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ).
7. Specialized Scout / Guide Course ( 7 marks ) Pioneering / Mapping and Standard Judging Course / Vocational Craft Course ( One event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ).
8. Personality test / Interview ( 15 marks )
Total = 100 marks.
Northern Railway Examination Fees :
1. Examination fee of 40/- ( Rupees forty only ) is payable either in form of Demand Draft ( DD ) / Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) drawn in favour of the following address :
Assistant Personnel Officer,
RRC, Northern Railway Headquarter Office,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Examination Fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances. DDs / IPOs issued before the date of publication of this Employment Notice or after the closing date will not be accepted and the Northern Railway Scout and Guide Quota Application Form will be rejected. Cash / Cheque / Money order / Central Recruitment Fee Stamps will not be accepted.
2. Candidate must write their name, full address at the space provided in the IPO / at the back of DD.
3. Fee – exemption for Northern Railway 2011 Jobs : SC / ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Women Candidates, Minority* candidates, Candidate belonging to economically Backward Classes** are exempted for payment of examination fees.
* Minority will mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ).
** Economically Backward Classes will mean the candidates whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum.
4. Authorities competent to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes.
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of the Tahsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- Below Poverty Line ( BPL ) Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme of izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may recommend any person from any where in the Country.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs Normally reside.
Community Certificate :
- No posts is reserved for OBC and SC / ST Candidates.
- Candidates belonging to OBC and SC / ST communities are require to produce community certificates from the competent Authority in the prescribed format and enclose the copy of the same with the Northern Railway 2011 recruitment application.
- The Caste Certificates produced by the OBC candidates should specially indicate that the candidate does not belong to person / sections ( Creamy layer ).
General Instructions for Northern Railway Recruitment 2011 Group C :
1. The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection. The Administration does not undertake any responsibility for sending the reply to the candidates not selected or not called for in Written Examination / Northern Railway Interview. No refund of Examination Fee will be made.
2. The Northern Railway group c job application is liable to be rejected if any of the compulsory enclosure is not attached as indicated in the proforma or the application for Northern Railway 2011 Jobs is found defective in any respect.
3. As per extant rules a IInd Class journey Pass from Home Station to the place of Northern Railway Examination and back will be issued to SC / ST candidates for appearing in Northern Railway written test.
4. No column should be left blank, which also may be the cause of rejection of the Northern Railway Jobs application form 2011. Column / Columns if not related than write ‘N .A’ in that / those Column / Columns.
5. The envelope containing the Northern Railway jobs 2011 application must be super scribed ” Application for Recruitment against Scout – Guide Quota for 2011 – 2012 ” for the Category of the post of Grade Pay 1900/- in PB – 1 of Group “C”.
6. Northern Railway reserve the right to post any candidate anywhere over its jurisdiction.
7. Candidate applying in response to this Northern Railway Recruitment notification shall ensure that he / she fulfill all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of Northern Railway Jobs application.
8. Resent Passport size photographs ( Taken within one month ), it should not be accompanied with colored glass and cap on the on the head and it may be the cause of rejection of the application.
9. Photographs not pasted on the Northern Railway Scout and Guide Quota Application Form, not signed by the candidate may be cause of rejection of the application.
10. Without date & Thumb impression, Undersigned and Signed in Block or Capital letters may be the cause of rejection of the Northern Railway recruitment application 2011.
11. Certificates other than English / Hindi languages should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi.
12. Candidates seeking age relaxation or Fee Exemption must produce the Caste Certificate certificate of Death of husband. Affidavit that she has not remarried since, copy of Decree of Divorce from the competent Court of Law, Discharge Certificate, No Objection Certificate and Bonafide Certificate from the employer, where applicable.
13. The persons appointed against Scout and Guide quota to the categories of Clerks will be required to possess proficiency in Typing within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and their appointment will be provisional subject to acquisition of the prescribed typing qualification within the stipulated period.
I. Proposed Syllabus for Northern Railway Selection under Scouts & Guides Quota Posts :
History of Scouting – Guiding – Law & Promise – Organization- District & State Level – Training Centre – District & State level – Knowledge of Books – Scouting for Boys – Guiding for Girls in India – Motto, left hand shake – Salute – Prayer – Flag Song – National Anthem – Know the National & Scouting Flags – Social Service at various occasions – Hiking – Proficiency Badges – How these are earned – Stages in Scouting – Guiding ; Thinking Day – Progressive Training of Scouts – Guides – Rovers – Ranger – Pioneering – Handicrafts – Indian Railway Jamborette – National Jamboree – Jamboree on the Air – Organization at National level – National Training Centers – WAGGGS – WOSM – Upa- Rashtrapati Award Competition – Prime Minister’s Shield competition – Community Development Programmes – Aims and Methods of Scouting – How Scouting Is useful in producing better citizens APO – RRC.